The Teijin Group announced that it will showcase a wide range of high-performance composite products at JEC World 2018, the annual exhibition that will take place this year from March 6 to 8 in Paris.
Celebrating a century of innovative development since its founding in 1918, the Teijin Group will present several of its composite and material solutions. The comprehensive presence of the Teijin Group at JEC World 2018 is an evidence of its range of solutions with its high-performance materials and composite technologies for a diverse array of applications such as aerospace, automotive, marine, civil engineering, energy, oil and gas, sporting goods, heat and flame protection and ballistics.
– Tenax Part via Preform (PvP) enables serial production of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) automotive parts. Tenax carbon fiber is sprayed, consolidated and trimmed automatically into near net-shape preforms, helping to reduce carbon fiber waste and minimize intermediate processing. The injection uses a high-pressure resin transfer molding (HP-RTM) technology including an in-mold coating step providing easy surface painting. An automotive part produced in small series will be exhibited.
– Sereebo is the world’s first mass-production technology for carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRTP) and improves production efficiency by significantly reducing molding time to less than one minute. Useful solutions are possible for high-volume mass production of automotive parts such as front bulkhead, crash can, and more.
– TCA Ultra Lite is a 1.2 specific gravity sheet molding compound. It offers a premium Class A finish with paint and gloss qualities comparable to metals, including aluminum. The material is able to withstand the E-coat process, and passes all OEM paint tests and is currently in production on 21 body panel assemblies of the 2017 Chevrolet C7 Corvette.
– Tenax carbon fibers are high-tech carbon fiber products, which significantly enhance properties in thermoset and thermoplastic composites. Tenax ThermoPlastics provide high mechanical performance, chemical resistance and recyclability. Combined with rapid production processes, they allow short processing time and low scrap rates. Tenax Dry Reinforcements are specifically designed textiles for infusion technology such as woven and non-crmip fabrics that provide excellent potential for high production rates, integral structures, complex shapes and flexibility of parts design. They fulfill the highest standards in performance for the aerospace industry.
– Twaron and Technora para-aramid fibers offer attractive energy-saving and eco-minded solutions such as air freight containers made from Twaron which are not only light weight but also flame- and heat resistant.
– Endumax Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) provides superior strength, dimensional stability, light weight and durability as demanded in ballistic protection. Endumax allows the production of extremely large plates suitable for armoring even large vehicles. High-tech laminated sails that integrate Endumax which can easily meet higher expectations and requirements will be showcased.
JEC World 2018 is organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization with a network of 550,000 composite industry professionals around the world.
About the Teijin Group
Teijin (TSE: 3401) is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of environmental value; safety, security and disaster mitigation; and demographic change and increased health consciousness. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 170 companies and around 19,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide. It posted consolidated sales of JPY741.3 billion (USD 6.5 billion) and total assets of JPY 964.1 billion (USD 8.5 billion) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017.